09 July 2009

A House of Prayer Podcast Episode 6 - Temples

In this episode I present a talk I gave about temples. Temples have played a central role to the saints of God from the days of Adam. Temples are places where sacred ordinances are performed that link generation to generation. The text for this podcast is available clicking on the following links (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6).

If you've subscribed to my feed, you should receive the audio file automatically. If you have not subscribed to my feed, it's never too late! You can also click on the following link to download the podcast directly (right-click {or option-click on a Mac} to save the file): A House of Prayer 6 - Temples.

You can also subscribe directly from the iTunes Store by clicking on this link: A House of Prayer podcast (notice: requires and opens iTunes).

Let me know what you think!

Credit: The short music clip I use as an entrance and exit to the show is an arrangement of Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing from the album Reflections of Christ. Visit that link to find out how you can purchase the music (I'm not associated with the artists; I just enjoy the music).

The podcast album art is an image by Irwin-Scott. Check out his photo stream on Flickr. I thought his photo of the Salt Lake Temple would be a fitting image as a house of prayer. His night-time photo of the illuminated temple surrounded by darkness has a lovely symbolic meaning of the temple as a light on a hill, an ensign to the nations, a lighthouse shining forth in the darkness.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin